The Research and Development Department (R&D Department) was established in the late year 2000 to address the increasing requirements of the business community of Rawalpindi region by providing information and facilitating RCCI members related to
ease of doing business, providing information related to cutting-edge technologies being implemented in the modern world. Interacting with Government of Pakistan on micro and macro business and economic policies, conducting research on economic and social
issues being faced by society and the environment.
Today R&D Department of RCCI is appreciated by different government bodies and leading research departments of all the Chambers across Pakistan for its work and facilitation towards the business community and analysis on domestic and international business and economic issues. It is regularly consulted by the government and international agencies on important national and international policy matters. The R&D Department of RCCI is also recognized as the foremost contributor to Policy Advocacy, Trade, Investment, and Productivity for Sustainable Economic Development in the knowledge-based economy by promoting equity and social justice. R&D Department is also working for the Green Ecology by running a campaign on “My Green Rawalpindi” and many other tree plantation projects.
Functions of R&D Department:
The R&D Department provides the latest useful information, effective guidance, and futuristic vision to the business community and the government by way of:
1. Managing Standing Committee comprising on various important sectors of the economy and Industry
2. Research Reports, Research Projects
3. Federal Budget Proposal
4. Trade Policy Proposals
5. B2B meetings with foreign delegations
6. Arranging Seminars, Workshops, Conferences etc.
7. Corporate training programs
8. Economic Outlook
9. Meetings with Foreign Diplomats
10. Arranging meetings to solve issues between stakeholders & government
11. Preparing Speech for President
12. Addressing members’ business queries.
Please contact Team R&D for any assistance
|Ms. Sigma Shamoon
Senior Officer R&D
|Mr. Waqas Qasim
|Mr. Muhammad Haris